What is Madonna piercing
Another trendy lip piercing, Madonna piercing is the perforation of the region above the upper lip on the right side. It is similar to Monroe piercing except for the location. Sported by many women, it is done to simulate the famous beauty spot of the well-renowned singer Madonna.
Madonna piercing procedure
Visit an elite piercing salon to get the piercing done. You will be asked to rinse your mouth with an antibacterial solution before the procedure. Using a surgical pen the desired piercing spot is marked, and a hollow, sterilized needle is passed through it. The jewelry is then inserted into the piercing.
Madonna piercing aftercare
- Wash your hands before touching the piercing
- Use a cotton ball dipped in warm salt water to clean the piercing
- Rinse your mouth with warm saline water after every meal
- Use a mild soap to rinse the piercing region while taking a bath and pat dry with a paper towel
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and mild toothpaste
- Do not eat hot and spicy foods
- Stay away from smoking and drinking
- Avoid applying creams, ointments, lotions, or makeup on the piercing
Madonna piercing infection and complications
The possibility of gum and teeth damage is higher for this piercing as the metal back of the jewelry rubs against the gum line. At the time of the piercing, it is advisable to select barbells or plastic labret studs to avoid the problem. The infected upper lip may swell, causing extreme pain and pus discharge. Therefore, you need to follow strictly the aftercare instructions during the healing period.
Madonna piercing jewelry
Colorful curved barbells and labret studs are ideal for donning a Madonna piercing. You may opt for other types of jewelry once the piercing has undergone complete healing.
Madonna piercing cost
It may roughly cost around $36 in a well-renowned piercing studio.