Spider Bites Piercing (Viper Bites Piercing)
What are spider bites piercings
Nowadays several styles of lip piercings are being sported by the young fashion-enthusiastic crowd. Having a variety of jewelry options, gives you the scope to make a bold statement and enhance the look of your face. Spider bites piercing is one of its types represented by a pair of piercings on either side of the lower lip. Also known as viper bites piercing, it is almost similar to snake bites piercing though the former one is placed close together.
Spider bites piercing procedure
Choose a sophisticated piercing salon specialized in lip piercings. Once you have been explained by the piercing professional about the entire process, the area to be pierced will be disinfected with an antibacterial solution and marked using a surgical pen. A hollow, sterilized needle will be inserted beneath the bottom lip either from the outside or inside based on your preference and then the jewelry gets placed.
Spider bites piercing aftercare
- Do not touch the piercing without washing the hands with soap
- Clean the piercing gently with a cotton ball soaked in warm salt solution
- Use warm saline water to rinse the mouth after eating
- Wash the pierced spot with a non-caustic soap while bathing
- Use clean paper products to dry the pierced region
- Brush the teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and mild toothpaste twice daily
- Avoid the consumption of hot, spicy, and sticky foods
- Do not drink alcohol or smoke
- Avoid exposing the piercing to any cosmetic products or antibacterial ointments
- Do not remove or change the piercing unless it heals
Spider bites piercing healing
The healing period of the piercing is somewhere around 4 to 12 weeks.
Spider bites piercing infection and complications
Mishandling of a new piercing always increases the risk of infection. If you are unable to follow the aftercare instructions, then the pierced spot becomes infected, marked by swelling, pus discharge, and pain. At the time of jewelry selection, make sure an appropriate one is used to prevent the risk of rejection as well as gum and teeth damage.
Spider bites piercing jewelry
You have an array of choices right from barbells and ball closure rings to labret studs for picking your favorite style of jewelry. Once the piercing heals, you can deck it with various other designs to look ravishing and stylish.
How much does spider bites piercing cost
The price of the double piercing usually ranges between 30$ and 40$ in most top notch piercing studios.