What is finger piercing
It is an unusual style of surface piercing done at the base of the finger. Adorning a pierced finger with classy jewelry will look like you are wearing a ring. Finger piercing is followed by many piercing enthusiasts looking for something new and impressive.
How to do finger piercing
It is necessary to visit a reputable piercing salon that performs all kinds of surface piercing under hygienic conditions. A highly experienced piercing professional is needed to get the piercing placed properly. After the finger to be pierced is cleaned thoroughly, a surgical pen will be used to mark the entry and exit points. A hollow, sterilized needle is pushed through the surface of the skin. The jewelry is then inserted into the perforation.
Finger piercing pain
You can expect mild pain while getting the piercing done on the finger since this is a surface piercing. People with a low pain threshold might get hurt a bit. Do not worry if the pierced area undergoes swelling as it will reduce in a few days.
Finger piercing aftercare
- Wash your hands before touching the piercing
- Dip a cotton ball in warm salt water and gently press against the piercing
- Rinse the pierced region with a mild soap while bathing
- Use clean paper towels for drying the pierced surface
- Avoid wearing rings on the pierced finger
- Do not apply lotions, creams, makeup, or ointments on the piercing
- Avoid smoking as when you hold the cigarette the smoke from it might irritate the piercing
- Do not wear gloves as they might rub against the pierced region
- Try staying away from activities that involve constant movement of the pierced finger
Finger piercing healing
It will take almost a year for the piercing to heal completely.
Finger piercing infection and complications
Since it is difficult to limit the mobility of the fingers while carrying out the routine activities, this delicate piercing has a greater possibility of getting infected. Painful swelling, redness, and pus discharge near the pierced spot indicates an infection. Rejection rates are higher with finger piercing that leads to migration of the jewelry. To avoid scars on your finger, get the jewelry removed as soon as possible.
Finger piercing jewelry
Surface bars and curved barbells are the ideal jewelry that fit comfortably on the piercing.
Finger piercing cost
In a well-known piercing studio, the price of the piercing will vary between $35 and $50.
Finger piercing variations
Ring finger piercing
As the name suggests, the piercing is done on the ring finger.
Middle finger piercing
The middle finger is pierced for this type of piercing.
Finger web piercing
It is the perforation of the loose skin between any two fingers. It is not commonly done in many professional parlors due to its high rate of rejection.
Dermal finger piercing
Here, a single piece of jewelry is inserted into the finger after placing a microdermal anchor beneath the skin.